Below is an update on closed paths that Norfolk Area Ramblers are aware of across the county. To report any other closed paths or problems please contact Ian Mitchell, the area’s footpath co-ordinator.
1. Members have found that the path out from Chedgrave beside the River Chet and Hardley Flood is overgrown and that the bridge is damaged. There is a legal closure notice on the path for the time being, until the path and bridge are repaired which may take all winter.
We have offered to make a contribution to repair of this bridge.
2. The river bank path from Santon Downham bridge to Brandon is closed for river restoration, tree felling and surface improvement until 14 April 2016. Alternative paths away from the river are on the Suffolk side or in the forest north of the railway.
3. The river bank path (FP22) west of Cantley for about a mile to beyond FP23 will be closed till 25 April 2016 for flood defence maintenance works. There is no reasonable alternative.
4. The section of bank path from Martham, Damgate eastward round the south end of Martham Broad towards West Somerton is closed till 12 April 2016 for flood defence works.
5. Ludham FP26 beside Womack Water to the River Thurne has already been closed since the summer for flood defence maintenance and this is expected to continue till 2 February.